Sunday, January 1, 2012

Oh. Dear.

Well, girls.  Here's what happened.  
I had a baby.  
Then I left for 2 months.  
Then there was Christmas.  
Then there was New Years. 
And that is why this blog has been neglected for 4 months.  
So sorry. 

But the good news is that I've found some fun new stuff, so here goes...

#1: The Orange Leaf
Stop what you're doing right now and go here.  Now.  Seriously; GO! 
It is delicious times a million.
All the frozen yogurt is self-serve, so you can get as little or as MUCH as you want.  And, they have tons of toppings, and they give you cool little spoons that look like miniature snow shovels.  What more could you ask for? It's a teeny bit pricey (but we're med school wives - what isn't!?!).

#2: Sky Zone
Need a fun date night idea?  Look no further.  In February, Sky Zone is coming to Grimes.  
Sky Zone looks like this:
Wall to wall to wall to wall to ceiling trampolines.  Fun?  I think yes.
They have a foam pit and dodgeball games and I'm already peeing my pants with excitement.
Info. here.

#3: Let's Caucus!!
I have tried for the life of me to figure out what this whole Iowa Caucus thing is.  
And here is what I know: 
I know nothing.
If you want to know something, click here.
Here's what I can gather (which may be so completely incorrect, it's laughable...):
-Show up at your precinct at 7 pm. (*Yay - I just found this link. Go HERE to find out where you should go.)
-They'll say the pledge.  Some people will talk.  
-You'll get a piece of paper.  You write down who you want to be President.  (In your own handwriting - like it's 1826.)
-That's all.
#4: Do you like this guy?
Well, if you want to see his rugged good looks in person, you can!  
He'll be in Clive tomorrow (Monday, Jan. 2nd) at Competitive Edge at 8:30pm.  
Info here.
(You should know that it is my goal in life to get a picture with this man and if I see you there, I will not hesitate to push you out of the way if you interfere with my plan.  You've been warned.)
#5: Do you like food?
That was a trick question.  If you answered "no," then you need to leave.  
Well, The Machine Shed Restaurant has FREE kids cooking classes the second Tuesday of every month from 5:30-6:30.  
(If you don't have a kid, I'll rent you one of mine.)
Oh, and while you're there, buy yourself a cinnamon roll.  You can thank me later.

#6: Bang Bang.
This semi-new restaurant on Jordan Creek (by Wal-Mart) has intrigued me for months.
And here's the skinny:
It's... eh.
The concept is nice - you pick your own meat, veggies, sauces, spices, extras - and they cook it right in front of you.  And it was pretty good.  It's $14 for an all-you-can-eat dinner.

But here's my dilemna:
If I pay $14 for dinner, I want to eat a lot.  And if I eat a lot, I feel sick.  And if I feel sick, I'm not happy.  And if I'm not happy, I won't go back.
BUT... if I pay $14 for dinner and I don't eat a lot, then I'm bitter that I wasted money and I won't go back.
And that's my story.
Do with it what you will.
Moving on...
#7: Backyard Adventures
For cabin fever (which we all know WILL inevitably come very soon), you could take your kids to Backyard Adventures.  
It has tons of playsets and swings and well... that's about it.  
But it's fun if you're really, REALLY bored.  
It's $5 per kid, and you can get all the info. here.

#8: Heating Assistance is Available Now!
If you need info. on this, call me. 

Now go have some fun! 




No comments:

Post a Comment